Many of you reading this blog need no introduction to grief. The death of someone you love has caused grief to show up on your doorstep. Whether invited or not, grief arrives and it will wait and wait until you open the door and acknowledge it. Ignoring grief will not make it go away.
• offers no RIGHT way; is unique for each person.
• follows no rules; has no timetable.
• is not predictable; nor linear, nor logical .
• has its own agenda; lacks control.
• does not allow for comparisons.
• is lonely.
• does not discriminate; is the great equalizer.
• causes other prior losses to surface.
• requires energy and attention; it CANNOT be ignored